Season 3, still new stuff to learn. Grateful to have someone on the journey

JCarson

I must admit that I am grateful to @jacobcarson877 for his willingness to answer my questions and to discuss theory regarding how to effectively craft my character. He is always willing to discuss options for TPE achievement and to walk me through parts of the VHL experience I have not experienced. 

For example, over the offseason we discussed numerous options to help me add TPE over this year. Now I do recognize that part of Jacob’s goal was to get me to 500TPE so that as the person who recruited me, he could get a 10TPE bonus. By adding TPE faster I obviously could grow to be a better player. With my salary I got at the start of the season I would have 5 million player store currency, so he recommended that I approach my GM to see if a bonus might be possible or it was discussed that I could do a Donation and get the 1 million player store currency option, 5TPE and and doubles week. I then in turn take that additional 1 million in player store currency, add it to the 5 million I already had and buy the 6 million Uncapped TPE bundle, giving me the ability to claim 4TPE on Article submissions 5 times, so an additional 20 TPE. 

So, I did approach my GM, discussions are still underway, but a bonus may not be impossible. I will have to see how that plays out. 

In the meantime, I made the donation, and followed through with the plan to get the 3 options and buy the Uncapped TPE bundle. All that to get to my point. As I worked through the donation process for the first time, I was extremely glad I had someone to walk me through the process. The instructions that are online are exceptionally good (the screen-by-screen walkthrough of claiming salary was fantastic) for the portions they address but for other areas are completely absent. For example, I saw nothing about putting the transaction number in the comment on the VHL Donation Index thread. Honestly, I saw nothing about posting to the VHL Donation Index thread. It is possible that it was all part of the donation payment process but if it was it was not on the screen long.  

In conclusion, to all the people who answer the long series of questions, who create the walk throughs, who spend time talking with and mentoring newer players, especially first gen players, I want to say thank you. Keep up the good work.