Ryuu Crimson - Coaching Time (again!)

SlapshotWrangler

TOKYO - Japanese hockey and Asian hockey as a whole has always been on the rise, slowly developing and continuing to try and improve. While it may not be that popular of a sport in those areas, Japanese hockey is quietly but surely alive, especially through the national women’s team which is ranked 7th in the IIHF’s World Rankings. Ryuu Crimson might have grown up in Canada but he is still deeply in touch with his Japanese heritage and will be going to coach the Japanese women’s hockey team for the upcoming IIHF Women’s World Championship. Known slightly for his scoring touch and much more known for his tough and rough hockey playing style, he promised improvement.

“Japanese Ice Hockey is often slept on and I think this very team is living proof of that. They are competing with some well developed hockey countries and holding their own. And they look like they are only going to get better. Using my experience from the VHL and the short experience I had in the NHL, I promise to help bring Japanese hockey to the next level with whatever I can contribute. I have a feeling that Japanese hockey will be excellent very soon.”

Ryuu Crimson, a solid winger who scored 20+ goals per season consistently in the VHL as well as a current AHL coach. Japanese hockey, a solid force in international play. Who knows? Perhaps they can make something out of this.