Ep 2. Following Hasek

StackThePads

Welcome back to episode 2 of following Hasek, where we are following the journey and growth of Viktor Hasek, nephew of NHL hall of famer Dominik Hasek.

Since we talked last, Hasek has played himself 2 games, earning two wins thus far. Though Hasek’s save percentage and GAA are below average ( .806 and 2.88), what do you really expect from a rookie so early in his career, starting with a new team after the preseason. 

While Hasek isn’t statistically excelling at this moment, it’s important to remember that Hasek hasn’t had much exposure in the league yet, he’s only played two games in the league so far. 

What we can say is after analyzing both games, Hasek displays great technical skill, great movement in the crease and an excellent awareness of what’s going on around him.

Do I think he’s on track to finish at the top of the league? No. But he’s just getting started and I’m sure he’s more than nervous. But based on what we saw in his first two games, I think this kids gonna be fine, maybe more than fine; once he gets over his nerves, he’s gonna take off like a rocket and absolutely destroy the leagues greatest forwards, mark my words.

Thanks for reading this instalment of “Following Hasek”, see you next week.