Trade Rumor Statement | Quinn Saint-Willes (D, MEX)

Squids McKenzie

Official Statement On Trade Rumors

from the camp of Quinn Saint-Willes

Earlier today, my teammate in Mexico City confirmed that the rumors have been true. There have been at least a few GMs enquiring about the likelihood of a trade. Like Womp said, GM Cole called us both in and gave us the rundown. Some mid-table teams were desperate for some defensive reinforcements to try and make a push. While my line mate gave a significantly more colorful presser than I — opting instead for a simple written statement — I share his feelings. I will not be leaving La Ciudad. 

Ultimately, I know Mexico City is not my forever home, but why would I want to cut my time here even shorter? Mexico City is one of the few teams to have recruited and held discussions with me, in earnest, leading up to the draft. This is a team that cared about my own personal goals. I made the jump from Brighton to play in North America to start my journey to the VHL. That’s a lot to uproot. I’m not about to uproot again to be a hired gun for a team that had no interest in scouting me from the jump. Additionally, I’m not going to uproot simply to be knackered in the first round of the playoffs. To be frank, that’s horrible business, on my part.

This is a development league. Yes, winning is great. The stadium and the atmosphere and fans lighting up is what makes the game worth playing, but ultimately we are here to blossom into the players and people we want to become. The Kings prioritize me and my teammates; the family we’ve built in the locker room. Cole and the crew want to amplify our strengths, not fit us into whatever mold they need to win some hardware. If you develop properly, the hardware will come. That is what the M is about. That is what we're building here in Mexico City.

!Viva la Ciudad! Estamos juntas.

–– QSW ––