Most important position in hockey

KRZY

So I’m gonna do something a tad different with this article to try and engage people. What is the most important position in hockey ?

Center 

first off we have the center their job is to win the face off to get possession of the puck after every stoppage in play a huge part of the game ! They also 99% of the time run the offence . and help cover defensively in their end down low when needed . 

Wingers

Ideally wingers should be fast and able to get in position for breakouts , while not always as defensive as the other positions they do have to be somewhat defensively responsible in there own end . Wingers can also run the offence like centre men but most of the time to a lesser degree.

Defence 

Defence men are very important because they help goalies keep the puck out of the net and the also begin the transition from defence to offence when they run a breakout. Offensively defence is important because they ( quarterback) a power play and can open up ice for forwards in the offensive zone as well

Goalie 

finally we have the goalie there job is quite straight forward keep the puck out of the net , goalies can quite often determine the outcome of a game whether it be positive or negative . 

in terms of overall importance I have them ranked as follows

1. Goalie

2. Centre

3. defence 

4 wingers

ps . Arguably with centre and defence I could’ve gone either way

10 hours ago, l1l KRZY l9l said:

Goalie 

finally we have the goalie there job is quite straight forward keep the puck out of the net , goalies can quite often determine the outcome of a game whether it be positive or negative . 

or to quote the famous Steve Dangle: 'IF YOU ARE A GOALTENDER, TEND THE GOAL!!!'