Thunder’s Wordcasting for the Impaired Podcaster -Episode 7 - Theme Week

Thunder

Its time again for another episode of Thunder’s wordcast for the impaired podcaster, episode 7 i think.  Doesn’t matter because its theme week and its perfect timing because my brain wasn’t functioning this morning and I was trying to think of topics to wordcast this week to get my TPE.  There was of course, the typical griping of the new trivia questions, or traffic.  Speaking of traffic, if you haven’t listened to JardyB10’s latest podcast, you should.  He rocked the traffic report!  I think someday he and Spartan could do a traffic podcast and go road rage on the airwaves.  I digress, its theme week and time to discuss GM’s.

HC Davos GM - Alex

From the best I can tell, Alex has been the GM for Davos since season 82 and he picked up a team in turmoil, expecting to be rebuilding for a few seasons before competing.  I can tell you all from first hand experience that Alex has got the GM thing down pretty good.  I can say, he played his cards very well in the drafts and came out on top with his decision making.  He has built a competitive team with a blend of young players, promising players, and established veterans.  Alex is working in the background managing deals and looking for ways to better the team.  It’s like a non-stop effort to tweak the team to perfection.

From what I can tell, Alex is less autocratic and involves others in the discussions regarding player movement, future goals, and even minor adjustments.  Alex also believes in player development and management development.  He mentors his AGM and other players to help them become managers.  This display of unselfish attitude resonates what the VHL is all about, a hockey community.  If you can find a better GM out there, I will say that GM learned from Alex.

Mexico City Kings GM - BadColethetitan

An example of someone who is learning from Alex, is Cole, the GM for Mexico City.  This GM has definitely got enthusiasm.  He is in his second season as GM and I have been nothing but impressed with every decision he has made.  He studies, studies, studies.  Before the draft in his first season, Cole did more than just look for players to fill wholes in the Kings lineup.  Cole looked at other teams and what they needed, and used that information to determine his draft plan.

Cole uses strategy to determine his team and he welcomes potential stars to the team and brings out the best in their performance.  Cole is an active Discord GM and has created a bond with the Mexico City players.  His positive demeanor and high energy is part of what keeps the Kings involved.  Cole understands the league and what it takes to be competitive and he has a really good grasp of being a successful GM.  Look for the Kings to be champions.

There is no doubt that Cole will soon be asked to GM a VHLE or VHL team and you can expect the team to dominate for several seasons.  Cole is continuously building his pedigree as a GM and he is sure to have a successful career as a VHL GM.

Las Vegas Aces GM - Shindigs

If I were to choose one word to describe Las Vegas Aces GM, Shindigs, it would be “meticulous.”  Like Alex and Cole, Shindigs is invested in his role as a GM.  He’s in his 3rd season as GM for the Aces, and is looking to three-peat.  Shindigs looks at his team and carefully dissects the skills and values each player brings to the Aces.  He reviews games and picks out minute details, creating charts and graphs to analyze and determine how to do better.  Shindigs identifies strengths of specific lineups and methodically makes adjustments to tweak the team to perfection.

Shindigs is an all-around GM.  He mentors, he builds, he works, and he cares.  He offers his team every bit of knowledge and experience he has to make them a better player and member.  Shindigs is another GM who will be advancing in the VHL.

690 words

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

Mexico City Kings GM - BadColethetitan

I appreciate the king words! You're a great AGM and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us. I think we're starting to build something big in Mexico and it's just starting.