DBC Interview featuring Lachlan Summers and Sadie St-Louis

sadie

Hello everybody and welcome back to the show! Today, the DBC is interviewing Lachlan Summers @kirbithanand Sadie St-Louis, two young rising VHLM stars! How are you guys feeling going into the playoffs as we near the season’s end? With the way things are shaping up, you could be seeing each other in the first round!

Lachlan Summers: “I feel good. The team feels good; we’ll just take each game one at a time. Playing Ottawa would be… very interesting since they stole all of our players. I mean this as a joke, of course. Obviously Sadie, John, and a lot of their other players are friends of mine but whatever happens on the ice will stay there. Won’t affect our relationship off of it.”

Sadie St-Louis: “I feel pretty similarly to Lachlan- what happens on the ice will stay there. If we end up playing each other I think it’ll honestly be super fun, and at least one of us is guaranteed to move on! After the alleged banana attack of 2014, a series like this would be awesome.”

Looking beyond S85, are you excited for the future? What types of players do you envision yourselves becoming in the VHL/VHLE?

LS: “There’s limited spots in net up in the VHL and E, but I know I’m good enough to make it onto a roster. I have what it takes to be a starter and I’m not gonna sell myself short. I envision myself as a goaltender my team can depend on, whether that’s keeping my composure during OT or just not making unnecessary journeys outside of my own crease. I also wanna be a vocal leader in the locker room. That was something that was difficult for me to do back in Australia, but I’ve definitely grown as a person and a player thanks to my VHLM experience so far.”

SSL: I’m super excited for the future as I work my way up through the other 2 leagues. I’ve enjoyed playing in the VHLM but I would love to work towards being a very valuable player in the VHL. The dream is honestly to get to the point where I’m a first line caliber player and contend for championships and I think that’s a fairly attainable goal. Just as important is having a locker room full of teammates I can depend on and be friends with."

Do you think you two will be able to play on the same team together again at some point? Maybe at some point you two and John Richards will all be reunited?

LS: “Of course. I definitely feel like getting the trio back together in the VHL is a real possibility. Knowing us, we’re gonna make it happen one way or another even if it takes us our entire careers. Not even the bananas could stop us like they tried to in 2014. Buggers, they were. Playing against Sadie and John was fun and all but I’d rather be their teammate again. I know during our interviews before the VHLM draft, we really expressed wanting to play with each other again. Fortunately I think our names have gotten around to quite a few general managers in the big leagues so maybe we’ll even end up on the same team come draft time. I could only hope. I think Sadie feels the same way too, yeah?”

SSL: “Lachlan, you know you can’t confirm that that happened by the way. Anyways, I agree completely! I’d love to get the trio back together on the same team; as well as being an unstoppable combination on the ice that would make for a really great locker room in my opinion. Everywhere we try to express that we would like to play together, so hopefully that can happen! Thanks for having us on today!”

© Dimmensia Broadcasting Corporation, 2022 (and not 2014)