Shout Out to the GMs

Thunder

At a recent press conference, well not really at a press conference, but reading a recent press conference answer, someone mentioned how their GM deserves to receive the VHLM GM award for all he has done and how he thinks ahead and plans ahead.  In addition, the writer gave an example of this particular GM, bringing the team into contention.  I agreed with everything mentioned and believe Cole has done an incredible job as a GM and puts a lot of effort into his role.  He’s an active GM and cares about his team.  He puts in the work, that’s for sure!

This leads me to this next discussion.  Its a shout out to all the GMs, whether they are in the VHLM, the E, or the big leagues.  There is no doubt that you all put  a lot of effort into your teams to make them successful.  You have to spend a lot of time on your team, from the draft, evaluating players, adjusting lineups, researching opponents, and planning for the future, and whatever else you have to do to keep your team going.  I have read several articles about GM’s and have listened to some podcasts discussing the same.

All of this extra work must take a toll on your time and personal lives and depending on how long you have been a GM, it might even affect your family.  With the amount of turnover there is each season, burnout may be one of the reasons for leaving the role of GM.  Yes, there are plenty of people to step up and take on the new job so the VHL will go on.  I just hope that those of you really good GM’s who need a break will eventually come back and pick up where you left off.  To all you GM’s,  thank you.

This is a 2 tpe article.

314 words