Rookie of the Year - A last look at Molly the Cat

JCarson

The season 85 regular season has finished, and every team fought hard for a place in the playoffs. Currently the wildcard play is occurring and at this point Chicago has advanced. The European conference is tied 2 games each with a single game left to decide the winner. 

As the team contest of champions starts the individual regular season awards can be evaluated based on a complete picture. Molly the Cat had the goal of being named Rookie of the Year for season 85 VHL awards and they put in a good fight to ensure that happened. Overall, Molly the Cat had a 73-point season, with 36 goals and 37 assists. Molly the Cat was the only rookie to have a more than point per game season, but it must be noted that Phoebe Bridger had a remarkably close 71 points. In addition to a 73-point season Molly the Cat was able to get 8 game winning goals, which is a top 10 performance in the league. 

When asked about their season starts Molly the Cat quickly changed the subject to discuss the accomplishments of fellow player Jerome Reinhart. “I had a wonderful year and I am immensely proud of what I accomplished but I could not have done it without my teammates. They deserve much of the credit. Honestly, if you are going to make a big deal out of player production you should be interviewing Jerome Reinhart. Being fourth in scoring as a defenseman, with a combined production of 99, that is impressive. I get the fact that I am a rookie and to you that means something, but I look at the legends like Jerome, another full season still left ahead of him. With the chance to potentially reach 800 career points, honestly there are people who play full careers that would be excited to even reach half that amount.” 

The VHL Board of governors will have some tough picks ahead of them, there are many awards that they will have to choose and many great candidates. We will wait and see who the Rookie of the Year ends up being, but Molly the Cat definitely will be in the conversation