Sadie John Kirby

John Cimarno

There is a trio in the VHL right now that is probably one of the most popular "trio's" the VHL has ever seen. The trio consists of @sadie@kirbithanand myself. 

Kirby joined the VHL a little bit before Sadie and I but not too long after we arrived. The way we found out about the VHL is through a YouTuber by the name of JustMatt. When I joined I thought the forum was hard and confusing to navigate but as I grew accustomed to it I quickly learned how to get from place to place quite easily. The dumbest one of the group is definitely me, I always have questions to ask when I should know the answers to them and I still have no idea what I am doing. Kirby and Sadie have helped me with this and also started something called "The Book Of Dimmensia". 

I would have to say the most fun time I have had with the other 2 is when I made the San Diego Marlins in NHL 22 and simulated what it would be like if everyone on that team at the time had NHL careers. I would stay up until 4-7 in the morning simming season after season and keeping track of stats and awards. Once that was over, I waited to get drafted. I eventually got drafted with the 9th pick in the first round of the VHLM draft by the Ottawa Lynx. The Lynx also acquired Sadie with the 4th overall pick but couldn't pick Kirby. Kirby returned to San Diego where she would impressively carry them to a 2-2 tied series with the Aces in the 1st round of the playoffs. 

Last offseason we all joined the JST and the Pro AM. In the JST, Kirby and I were reunited on the Pickles. As the Pickles went on through the JST and reached the playoffs, we lost. We lost in round 1 unfortunately. I joined the Pro Am and got drafted to the "J Team" where we lost again. This time that loss was miserable. Sadie and Kirby got drafted to Lemorse's team the Ground Squirrels or something and they were pretty good. 

This season, Sadie, Kirby and I were all appointed captaincy roles at one point in time. I was the only one to be stripped of it out of the 3 of us. I guess Lil Z didn't like me. Near the end of the season, tons of controversies happened. Bedirhan, Lil Z, the Helsinki GM (although it was valid reason still was a controversy at the time), Achilles complaints and many more. The Lynx were forced to make a change in the management roles as Lil Z got fired and it was up to the interim GM to let Jason, the AGM go or not. 

Moon became the new GM of the Lynx and we carried on as usual. We played at a snails pace to end the season as we lost the majority of the games, but we already clinched so it didn't matter. In the playoffs we went up 3-0 against the Reapers and I scored 10 points in 4 games as the Reapers won game 4. The Marlins didn't have a very easy time in their first round matchup though as they were down 2-0 to the Aces. During games 3 and 4 Kirby put the team on her back and carried the Marlins to a win in each game. 

The playoffs aren't over but it'll be exciting to see if the Marlins can knock off the back to back champions and if the Lynx will pull a Maple Leafs and blow a 3-1 series lead. 

• 3 weeks later...