Thunder’s Wordcast for the Impaired Podcaster - Episode #10

Thunder

Its time for the next episode of Thunder’s wordcast for the impaired podcaster.  Welcome to episode #10.  For you first time readers this is my way of doing a podcast because I still don’t have the stones to do an actual podcast.  So in podcast style, here is the next wordcast.

The discussion today will include HC Davos chances for the season coming up, a little bitching about the trivia question I got wrong, and of course it wouldn’t be right if I didnt talk shit about Brian Payne.

On paper, Davos should have won it all last season.  GM Alex made some incredible moves and we picked up a solid goalie in Xavier Booberry and he added some offensive power to an already decently stacked defense.  The team went into the playoffs with high hopes even though the season standings didn’t measure up to our goals.  Taking out Riga to face Warsaw was a boost to the team and Davos was ready for Warsaw as GM Alex had the optimal line up and the team came into the series ready to battle.  Unfortunately the STHS system had a glitch and Warsaw ended out winning the series, sending Davos home for the rest of the playoffs, and disappointing a couple of retiring Davos players wanting desperately to raise the trophy.

GM Alex has wasted no time building the team to be competitive this season with additions to forwards, defense, and adding a goalie.  It appears the defense should be solid with the addition of Deron Nesbitt who joins the team with a solid defensive set up.  Nesbitt came to Davos on a three way trade with Helsinki and Calgary.  And with Siyan Yasilievich continuing to be a star for Davos, along with James Teekirque, the team should be standing tall on the defense as Jake Thunder completes the defensive roster.

Another three way trade sends Davos star center Napolean Dynamite to New York, while picking up a rising star left winger in Phoebe Bridgers.  Bridgers had an outstanding rookie season with 71 points on Riga before the trade and will likely fill the vacancy of Dynamite quite easily.  With Vinnie Detroit sticking around for another season, his experience is sure to bring the team up a notch.  Pete Mitchell is expected to top the charts this season as he is reaching the peak of his career.  Obi Adesanya and Mason Jones are expected to shine this season with goals, assists, and additional help on blocking shots.

Sam Tombstone is added to the roster and is expected to step in to give Xavier Booberry a break in goal.  Tombstone recently lifted the VHLE trophy for the Oslo Storm and had incredible stats in goal last season.  As Booberry continues to be the top goalie in the league, the addition of Tombstone solidifies the Davos team.

With all that said, it appears Davos steps into the season with high expectations and its quite possible that the managerial moves by GM Alex could be exactly what needed to be done to lift Davos up a notch to come home with a trophy.

The next topic is my trivia question.  How the hell did I get it wrong?  It was easy, look up the players name and check the number of shutouts the player got while on Prague.  The first choice was Brick Wahl.  Brick Wahl didnt even play with Prague, but Brick Wahl II did and if that name was on the list, that name would have been the obvious winner.  The other three names, which I can’t remember played for Prague and I picked the one who had the most shut outs, clicked the button and I was wrong.  Fuck it!  Enough bitching about that, except now I have to do a review to get a tpe point missed by trivia.

Lastly, I’m going to talk some shit about Brian Payne, @Scurvy the Warsaw stud defender.  The goon was on fire last season and dominated the stats with hitting and penalties, as well as contributing to scoring goals and getting a number of assists.  The only thing Payne couldnt do was fight.  He tried and tried and tried, but its like he taped his gloves from the inside because they would not come off.  So come on Payne, zip up your spandex and get ready to go at it this season.

730 words