Dogwood's Dessert Rankings

dogwoodmaple

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, VHL.com decided to interview Dogwood Maple and get his top five holiday desserts.

"At the top of the list, there is no question, no controversy, no argument.  Sweet potato pie reigns supreme and it isn't close.  It's the perfect mix of sweet-but-not-too-sweet, especially when you throw on the optional meringue. 

Next, it's the classic apple pie. There are few post-dinner delights quite like a nice slice of apple pie and cup of coffee.  Boring? Perhaps. But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'll go with a bit of an oddball next and pick spice cake.  Those holiday flavors are at the forefront here and there's just something warming about cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.

In fourth place, give me pumpkin muffins.  Too niche?  No way.  Pumpkin is a great flavor and muffins are incredibly underrated.  They're the perfect size for a quick snack without having to loosen the belt.

And last, I'm going with bread pudding.  It's such a versatile dessert!  You can throw in cranberries, raisins, cherries, chocolate, you name it!  It's a perfect vessel for some leftover ingredients you have in the pantry after Turkey Day.

If you notice, I intentionally left off cheesecake and pecan pie.  While these might be controversial omissions, I don't regret them for a minute."

219 words