Maple Wins Local Christmas Light Contest

dogwoodmaple

For the second year in a row, Dogwood Maple has won the annual Vancouver Christmas Light Display contest.  This year, Maple's house was complete with 418,000 lights that were programmed to not only spell out various Christmas related phrases but also renderings of all of the Wolves players' faces.  In his yard, there was a makeshift hockey rink that was lit from powerful bulbs and cast a three-dimensional picture of some of the most iconic moments in Vancouver franchise history.  Around each tree in Maple's yard were color changing lights that could be edited to any conceivable colors with any hex code.  On the roof, there was a full scale version of Santa's sleigh with animatronic reindeer, elves, and even the Big Man himself.  When asked about going back-to-back in winning this award, Maple was stunned.

"I didn't think we had a chance, to be honest.  Just a week ago this place was in disarray but we worked our tails off and got it done.  I'm just happy that we can use the $500,000 prize money for a good cause, the Vancouver Children's Hospital.  I don't know if we can pull off the three-peat next year, so I'm going to absolutely savor this."

203 words

Article review:What a fun article, I always like reading about the non-hockey related aspects of players lives.  I wouldn't suggest doing it but this article may be more fun if each letter was written in a different colour as if they were Christmas lights stung up against the side of the house.  Even more props would be given if the colour coding spelled something, maybe just Maple, but that would be an epic post about Christmas lights.  As is I will give it a 9/10 for creativity and a 7/10 for execution.  A picture would also have been helpful.