What I think about it (for a first gen)

Anthique

So, you want to know about the experience of a First Gen? 

Well, I have some good news for you, I am one!

What is special about the VHL, or about the sim league in general? I think it depend how much time you want to invest in it.

If you want to have to a certain degree, "success", you have to put some time in it to "train" your player so he will successful wherever he played. If you go inactive or simply use the Welfare program and claim the practice and have from 5 or 6 tpe per week, don't be surprised if your player is only good, and not a super star or the best player on the team. It's like in real life, you have to put some effort and time on becoming good, you won't simply be one of the best by wanting to be it. The bests are not the bests only because they want it, but because they put so much energy and dedication to it that they can beat those who only have talent. In here, you have a lot of opportunities to earn TPE to make your player better, that only getting 5 or less won't do it. I know I don't "max earn" and that's okay for me. I only want to be a good player, so I'm not delusional, I won't be a first line player, but good enough to help the team and be satisfied by it. For now it don't work well in the VHL, but I'm bellow 500 TPE so I don't expect myself to be a point per game player. I'm in one of the best team so we have good and better player than me on the team so I'm only a passenger for now. More of a ghost because I don't produce offensively, but I know (or hope so lol) that my player will get there eventually. 

The league is very nice, the concept to have three leagues in one is special, but in a good way. You can compete with other who are on the same level as you (or close to) so you have almost always the impression that your player is doing great. For my player, it was the case the first two seasons of his career, but in other tournaments and in the VHL it will take more time to stand out.

About that, three leagues, Junior Showcase, World Cup and non-official Victory ProAm, there is a lot of tournaments that keep people interested, so that's something you should continue to do in the future. 

The GMs in every of those leagues are very friendly and they only want the best for you first. I don't really know a lot of people here, but for those who I had contact with, nothing bad to say about them. Even if some trade me two times in the same week haha!

The portal is very nice and help keep track of everything. Really one of the plus of the VHL.