Last Quarter of the Season - Interview w/ Sadie St-Louis

sadie

Interviewer: How do you feel about Stockholm's playoff chances as we get closer and closer to playoff time?

Sadie St-Louis: I feel very confident; I think we have a top team in this league and sadly, the standings have not reflected it so far and I think a lot of that has been luck and losing games where we outplay our opponents. The race between us, Oslo, Vasteras, and Bratislava has been so tight throughout the season and I hope we can be one of the teams to come out on top.

Interviewer: You and your linemate, Larry Abass Jr are currently tied for the league lead in points. How big of an asset have Stockholm's offensive stars been, and do you think they need to be better in order to have success later this season?

SSL: I still can't really believe that we are at the top in points, it's a really cool thing to have climbed all the way up that leaderboard! I think that because a lot of the games that we lose are close games, 3-2 or 4-3, we need to finish more of our chances and focus on getting out to early leads instead of having to mount a late comeback, which I feel like is a situation we are often thrown into.

Interviewer: Next year, in S87, you will likely make your VHL debut with the Riga Reign. Is winning a championship with Stockholm all the more important to you because there is only one chance to get it done?

SSL: Yeah, the thought that this is my first and only chance has crossed my mind a few times. Although I was just drafted here, I love the city and my team and will do everything possible to ensure that we win it all this year. I want to help give this team playoff success after the first-round exit I experienced last year with Ottawa. But first we have to get there and that is what I will be focusing on for now.

Interviewer: Thanks for your time, hope to see you back at the end of the season as a VHLE champion.