Q&A With Dogwood

dogwoodmaple

Q: Let's look into the crystal ball to the end of your career - is Maple still wearing a Vancouver jersey?
A: I hope so!  I know sometimes trades and signings have to happen due to unforeseen team stuff, but I'd love to be a one-team player my entire career.

Q: You've set a career high in goals, assists, points, hits, and blocks this season.  What's been the impetus for that success?
A: Honestly?  A lot of the credit goes to my teammates.  They've put me in some fantastic spots on the ice and set me up for easy goals.  The coaching staff has also helped a ton when it comes to tactics and our entire on-ice philosophy.  Gotta tip my cap to them.

Q: You just crossed the 100 point mark for your career.  Did you celebrate?  Keep the puck?
A: I didn't even know that happened until after the game.  I was talking to my agent and he mentioned it, but I had no clue.  I'm glad I got there, but obviously hope there's a lot more points in the tank.

Q: Vancouver is 3rd in the conference in points.  Can they hang on to that spot?
A: I sure hope so.  We need to finish this season strong!

Article Review:  dogwoodmaple always puts together great articles from the players perspective.  End of season is a natural timeframe to do an interview of this nature, a look back over the season, a look at accomplishments and a look to the future.  Congrats on a strong season with Vancouver, good luck in the playoffs, maybe we  will meet up in the finals.  Hopefully your wish to be a one team player holds up, I know that salary cap issues can sometimes push GM  into making decisions they normally wouldn't.  I give this article a 8/10.