Fred Hampton sound clips...

TownBizness

On the previous season:

I was really surprised to hear about the results of this last year with my time in Cologne.  Leading the league in scoring was something that never crossed my mind.  When the GM told me about this, I almost could not believe it.  Again, I'm very much a lunch pail type player.  I show up.  Work to the best of my abilities and leave everything else to other people.  I want to be a small cog in the machine of a great team and I do not need the individual shine in order to do that.  I'm truly appreciative of being able to work with this organization and the faith in the organization towards me has been fantastic as well.  

On his holidays:

It was great to take my mind off the ice for a little bit and spend some time with my family.  Getting away from the grind of the season and being able to spend time with my wife and kids for Christmas and the New Year was great.  We don't do much -- try and keep it private and quiet and really just spend time with one another. Hopefully everyone else had a great end to the year as well.  On to the next.