PIM Leaders for S87?

Scurvy

As the season approaches, I wanted to do a quick Tough Guy Tribute and make some predictions as to who will be the S87 Penalty Minute leader this season.  Over the last few seasons, we have seen the familiar names of Vinny Detroit  and Brian Payne in the over 200 minute PIM club.  Last season we saw a surge of sophomore Dman Jared Carter the 2st who had 248 PIMS.  Calgary Dman Phil Strasmore also jumped on the scene with 179 PIMS last season good enough for fourth overall in S86.

Other potential killers out there are Hammer Voss, Mo Probert, Dabnad Shaw, and Blake McTavish.  The current record holder for PIMs in a season is Da’ Brichashaw O’Neal.  This beauty has a whopping 356 PIMS in a season in S13.  He holds the #2 spot as well with 320 in S11.  Not many modern players have gotten close other than Randy Marsh in S77 (274) and S78 (260) which is good for #17 and #24th spot all time.  

Over the last few seasons, the highest totals of have Jared Carter 2 with 248 in S86 and Brian Payne 246 in S85.  

If I had to predict I was guess that Vinny Detroit or Jared Carter 2 had a chance to make the #24 in the coming season but I think O’Neal’s record is safe for the time being.