9 games this season with 10+ goals

ctots

It feels good when your team is on the winning side of a shutout, there's no denying it. Low scoring games are terrible for stat lines, though. Let's get that offense going! In this post, we'll take a look at some stats from the nine games this season which have resulted in 10+ goals scored, because we love to see the puck find the back of the net.

Fully half of the teams have avoided games running up to double-digit totals, which is either a testament to the strength of their goalies and defense or a condemnation of their offense, depending on your perspective. We'll worry about those teams in a future article. Maybe.

The Calgary Wranglers have appeared in 3 double-digit games, winning two of the three. Impressively, they ran up ten goals on their own against Prague.

Speaking of Prague, the Phantoms topped the charts with five double-digit games played, of which they won two and lost three. Their highest scoring game so far this season was a 7-4 win against the Calgary Wranglers in Game 15.

Helsinki, Moscow, London, and Vancouver each participated in two of these electric high-scoring games, winning a single one.

The only team undefeated in games which total 10+ goals are the LA Stars, who handed Helsinki a 6-5 loss in Game 144.

Conversely, Davos has appeared in a single 10+ goal game, and suffered a loss from Prague in Game 190, final score 7-4.

In an era where goalies seem to be pretty good, it's fun to look into situations like this, which show that forwards are also very, very capable.

I didn't research how this season relates to previous seasons' scoring trends. I'm not trying to make any points about the state of the league or anything, I just thought this might be kind of interesting to take a look at.