Leaps and Bounds

kirbithan

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I was updating my signature the other day and added some stats from Lachlan’s career thus far, and realized there was a direct comparison I could make between his first season and his most recent season. 

As a first gen, I did not receive carryover TPE and started at a measly 30. So that means for his first few games, Lachlan was as effective as a bot goalie, as embarrassing as that sounds. In his seven games started for the S84 San Diego Marlins (a legendary team by the way), he was 2-5-0 with a .884SV% and an abysmal 3.56GAA. These numbers aren’t horrific for a first gen under 100 TPE but nothing to write home about either.

Compare that to his S87 rookie numbers as the backup for HC Davos Dynamo, and he ended with a 7-0-1 record with a .938SV% and 1.58GAA. He had no losses in regulation and a shutout! You can tell by these numbers just how far he’s come as a player. He had nearly the same amount of games played as his VHLM waiver season, yet has improved immensely, and I couldn’t be prouder of him and myself for earning consistently and working on my build for this!

Soon, Lachlan will be a VHL starter and that’ll be a true test as to how good he is as a goaltender. I’m just hoping for the best for the rest of his career, and to hopefully retire as a Davos legend.