Jax following the Loss

ke1vi

The Oslo Storm lost a heartbreaker Game 7 to the Cologne Express, and top center Jimi Jax is putting it on himself for the loss.

“I’ve got to be better. Given my potential an expectations, I just did not produce like I wanted to”

Jax was the 3rd overall pick in the VHL Draft and was looking to dominate the Europe league as a warmup year before he becomes a rookie in the VHL. HE started off hot, being amongst the leading scorers in the league, but cooled off near the end and failed to contend with any scoring category.

“It’s a bit disappointing – but I think I underrated the skill in this league. There are a lot of good players and I had a bit of a wake up call. Maybe I took the foot off the gas a little too early in the year”.

Jax, who was still visibly upset following the loss is looking to take some time off before getting back into offseason training and prepare for his rookie year.

“I think I need to just take a breather here, go on a vacation and clear my mind. It’s been a rough couple day and I’m not expecting to get over it any soon. Either way, I’m going to be ready for training camp.”