Summers Signs 4-Year Extension with Davos!

kirbithan

n9KsPsCXhvMeA83GA56UjzNx9h9ZKCyjD20oJJwJlreh0jwEHOmFAP1WV_XJ8nx58Wl0qu4itsWagQIQeyhSi7Ib5UUA3ElmL5qT3I5GFNHvTNrOKRTkpKFCO2s05yCJ9pqjFRTXhxlDg_LZrAFZH7E

DAVOS, CH — BREAKING NEWS Coming out of Davos, Switzerland, goaltender Lachlan Summers has signed a 4-year extension! After an impressive rookie season as backup to Xavier Booberry, the Swiss club has locked up the young netminder long-term. Coming into the S86 draft, Summers made it clear he wanted to stay with one team his entire career if possible, and it was evident that Davos shared his aspirations with this new contract. 

“I’d like to thank our GM, Alex Johnston, for believing in me and bringing me into the Dynamo organization in the first place despite the loaded goaltender class that year. It means the world to me to wear Davos purple and I’m happy to have gotten the contract talks done.” Summers was all smiles after exiting the Dynamo arena where he finalized the extension. “I admit, I’m gonna splurge a bit for myself but the rest is going into my savings account. Sadie St-Louis and I have talked about going on vacation together with our significant others this offseason, so I am definitely looking forward to that, especially after that banana attack that allegedly happened in 2014.”

He was also asked about his expectations for the team after losing in heartbreaking fashion to the Calgary Wranglers in the Continental Cup final.

“It sucks to fall short, to say the least, but it was also a rewarding experience. A lot of people pinned us as the underdog and we proved them wrong. It was a step forward in the right direction.”

The Australian-born goaltender was drafted 12th overall two seasons ago, and will be likely to move into the starting role in Davos’ crease this season. This extension was the first step in that transition. We look forward to seeing how Summers’ career unfolds.

Edited by kirbithan