Hampton’s New Beginning

TownBizness

Recently VHL.com caught up with Fred Hampton and asked his thoughts on the upcoming season. Here’s what the forward has to say:

“I am looking forward to it. I am finally in the big leagues. These last few seasons have been amazing and I’ve been fortunate enough to achieve both individual and team success. It’s bittersweet in that sense. On one hand to leave a place where you finally felt comfortable with, a place where you shining and succeeding, a place where you felt supported is always a hard thing. My agent has said that this is the first time he’s felt that support in the VHL. However, on the other hand, I’m excited to a new opportunity and a new challenge. I’ve been able to get in contact with my General Manager and we’ve been able to get a plan of an attack heading forward. Now am I expecting to have the same impact on the ice that I had before?  Absolutely not. That would be foolish. I’m still far less skilled than a lot of these guys. Regardless, I’m finally at a place where I can go hard in my training and develop quickly. I’m just hoping to be a contributor on a winning team. Let’s go!”