When Will Otis Boudreaux Jr Finally Score?

Ozzy Batty

When will Otis Boudreaux Jr Finally Score?

(Saskatoon, Saskatchewan) Otis Boudreaux was an exciting player who seemed to be taking the VHL by storm and he seemed to disappear as quickly as he appeared. But in the short time he was on the ice, he could be counted on to be a scoring threat and even if it was not him finding the net, he was assisting others in adding to the score line. So when it was announced that his namesake, Otis Boudreaux Jr was hoping to find a home in the VHL there was hope that he would carry on this legacy. Otis Jr caught the eye of GM of the Warriors in the World Junior Showcase and was quickly signed as a waiver selection. But he struggled to be a positive influence in the ice, getting more penalties than anything else. But that didnt mean he was being ignored for the upcoming VHLm draft, far from it. 

In the days leading up to the draft he was contacted by half of the VHLm GMs and seemed to have good conversations with them. On Draft night, the Saskatoon Wild called his name and moved to Saskatoon. When contacted for comment about his new home and asked how he felt about the different path that he was taking from his namesake (Otis Sr played most of his VHLm career in Houston before being traded to Halifax) Jr replied, "Well, it is colder than I expected but parts of it remind me of home. As far as Otis Sr, he went to where it was hot and I dont really like the heat, so it is nice to be here, writing my own story."

The VHLm season has started and the Wild sit in last place at the end of the first week. Otis Jr has not scored. He seems to be unsure of what he is supposed to do and when to do it. He has had 1 assist, but except for a penalty, his name has not appeared in the stats.

The fans in Saskatoon are very patient when it comes to new players on their team. But as the season progresses, how long before they start to show their displeasure and demand more from the youngster from Ireland?