Kirby Mini Rambles: Lachlan's in the Crease!

kirbithan

giphy.gif

A lot has happened this offseason for Davos, to say the least. We lost some key pieces to our cup run last season in veterans Siyan Yasilievich and Xavier Booberry, marking a new era for Dynamo— and with Booberry’s departure means Lachlan would finally be getting his time to shine as the starting goalie in his place. 

First off, that is a lot to live up to. Booberry is a certain first-ballot hall of famer and after his fantastic season with Davos in S87, there will be some big shoes to fill, but Lachlan is the perfect player for that job, especially after he went 7-0-1 himself. It’s a small sample size but surely a preview for what’s to come for the rest of his career.

It’s a lot of pressure, yes, but since joining the league, I have been max earning since my second week and worked my ass off for this opportunity, for the lack of a better term. Hell, I’ve even been given the honor of being AGM for this amazing club and want to be a positive force in the organization and the locker room! Although Davos has been in a slump lately, I know that we will make the corrections to get back to our winning ways. 

As of Sunday, April 16th, Lachlan is 10-7-1, with a .934SV%, 2.09 GAA, and a shutout to his name. While it isn’t as flashy as his first season, he is still eligible and a contender for the Stolzschweiger Trophy for S88 since goalies are still considered rookies if they played less than 16 games in their first season.

I’m just going to hope that the sim engine doesn’t screw up my plans to take over the VHL in the form of dominating every other team in net. Praise be to Simon.

Edited by kirbithan