Reaction to the James Macavoy Trade

Fradin99

The following is a post to Fradin's social media following the games after the Macavoy trade.

5GEf2KS.png.d8e9f58d5b1d4f84fda510a19b3ce00a.png.65f7ee0e7aba838ac21022012cce3ba5.png.6e8bb6ee1ca45ff46f6c5670fdd4569d.png

We all know it's part of the business. The trade. We show up, we practice, we play the games. But it's impossible not to bond with the players you spend almost every waking hour with. James was especially a closer member of the team to myself. Coming off waivers together, fresh into the locker room we gravitated to one another like the new kids at school. Our lockers were together, we even stayed together and learned a city neither of us had ever seen before. Playing against him last night felt like a betrayal to myself and him, and I don't think I was used to him being in another sweater until late in the second game of the back to back. I suppose that is something I owe to my career and my team to get over, losing friends to the business. 

Mississauga is gaining a heck of a player. He's a fast skater and a great passer, you'll find the puck on your tape before you can even think to ask. His offensive IQ is impressive and something I wish I learned more from him before he left. Although I do feel bad for the training staff having to walk around carrying his sticks, might be the ugliest tape job I've ever seen. 

Don't worry San Diego. We're still the Marlins and the back to back wins proved that. We've added new blood to the roster and our core is producing. This is something i'm learning to deal with but now get even more excited when we see the Hounds on the schedule. I'll still be the hard hitting force you've all come to enjoy. The team and front office of the Marlins ask that you don't hate our friend James for leaving, but rather enjoy the time we had with him, and support his team's race in the standing. Until they play us of course. Go Marlins.