The Bulls Are Coming

AJW

The Houston Bulls have been hovering around the middle of the standings throughout the entire first half of the season. Currently 8th in the league, Houston is 7 points ahead of 9th place Saskatoon and 7 points behind 4th place Halifax.

Screenshot(253).png.83182ed5b8d829cfd79245fa328e3a34.png

Houston has played the top 3 teams in the league 19 times out of 36 games this season. With 52% of the Bulls schedule having to be played against Mexico, Mississauga, and San Diego, Houston managed to hold a 8 - 10 - 1 record, securing 17/38 points (45%). On the other hand, Houston has played every other team in the league a total of 17 times. In these 17 games Houston held a 9 - 6 - 2 record, securing 20/34 points (59%). 

This leads me to believe that we can compete with anyone including the bests in the league, besides Mexico having our number. This has been a great sample to see that Houston does have what it takes to win a Founder's Cup this season. We can figure Mexico out. Last season the Bulls had a 3-2 series lead over Mexico in the second round, but unfortunately lost the next two games. This season we will not repeat. Myself and @Triller will be pushing our players to be active and earning each week in order to attract hot recreates at the upcoming trade deadline, as well as build a stronger foundation of the core we already have. I know playoffs are still a ways away but I will always get way too excited and start comparing to other teams prematurely. Can't wait to see how this team crosses the finish line!