midseason interview time

sadie

DBC: How do you feel about Riga being at the bottom of the European Conference at this point in the season? Anything you would attribute that to?

Sadie St-Louis: It's been really disappointing; personally, I am not living up to the goals I had set earlier this year. We seem to be able to score 3-4 goals just fine one game and then get shut out the next, I think it's really just a lack of consistency that is to blame for the poor form.

DBC: Do you get the sense that the team feels like they can get back into the race for the playoffs or has there been a loss of positive atmosphere, of hope of success?

SSL: Yeah, I think we are doing a good job of trying to regroup. We are scoring more and shooting more lately and hopefully that can translate into more points and a climb up the standings.

DBC: What do you think you need to improve on most to be more successful in the rest of the year?

SSL: I would love to get my pass down better; it has not been accurate or powerful enough and while I think I am shooting well enough, I would not mind improving my defensive stick to try to get more breakout chances and therefore more goals.