A Midseason Interview

kirbithan

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Interviewer: “Hi, Lachlan! Thanks for taking some time out of your day to speak with us at the DBC before practice today. So, first of all… how are you feeling as the starting goaltender for Davos at this point in the season? Any nerves?”

Lachlan Summers: “Nerves? No, I don’t have any. I like to think I’ve been under pressure my entire VHL career since starting out in the M and I’ve learned to live with it. I’ve been playing well, my teammates have been supporting me. What more could a goalie ask for?”

I: “The EU is very competitive this season… Right now your team is sitting at 4th in the conference and living up to a Cup run is going to be hard to beat. How is the team preparing for this second half of the season?”

LS: “We’re going to do exactly as we’ve done before— look over film, learn from our mistakes, and make some line changes along the way as needed. I always give 110% out there. Don’t want to be the reason the team is bogged down in any way."

I: “You went 50/51 in saves against London a few days ago. How did you do it?”

LS: “I’m gonna be honest, I wasn’t paying attention to the shot counter on the jumbotron, so I hadn’t even realized until after the fact. Plus I was covered in a hell of a lot of bruises after the game, even more than in the alleged attack involving bananas in 2014. Reckon just honing in on my strengths was how I did it, plus some good defensive plays from my teammates’ part. I wouldn't have been able to do anything without them. It was a thrilling game, though. Props to my good friend Jesse at the other end of the ice for playing their tail off, too.”

I: “Thanks for your time again, Lachlan! Good luck with the remainder of the season and the DBC will be sure to catch up with you again soon.”

LS: “Thanks, appreciate it.”