Leadership Recognition

Fradin99

It's no secret that great leadership is the glue that holds any team together. Whether that be a real world sports team, a workplace environment, or even here in the VHL. Today I would like to highlight a few of the minds that keep San Diego active and thriving. 

I'll start from the top and that's none other than @Arce. The old timer's been in the league for a while but that's never killed his enthusiasm for the sims or the players around him. RC makes sure to check in multiple times throughout his busy day, checking in both publicly and privately with members of the team and getting a general feel for what the vibe is that day. As a GM he's fantastic at guiding his AGM to really find his place in the league and learn the ropes. He's often on top of pushing out announcements for our newer and busier players on new TPE opportunities and is all around a very kind and fun guy to interact with. 

Speaking of AGM's, first year leader @McGriddy10 has been exceptionally enthusiastic to fill his role. From jumping on trades for players that request them, to keeping his eyes on new players being created throughout the day. Much like our GM, Griddy checks the locker room throughout the day to check out the going conversations and add his two cents on things and answer questions RC may not have time for. A perfect supporting GM for San Diego who will definitely lead a great team one day. 

Now we move on to Player Captains. Something not officially holding any power or responsibility, but the ones in San Diego take it upon themselves to take that extra step for the teammates. McGriddy and myself being Alternate captains, I won't beat the hammer too hard on Griddy nor really upsell myself. But @Mint is a class act as a Captain. His player is an eternal M player chasing records, but that doesn't lead him to hiding in the dark until it's time to check his numbers. Always pushing the conversation in the locker room to keep narratives rolling, Sjin is one of the hearts of our discord and team. Often being very inclusive to members of other teams when they would like to join in on what's going on. (Mostly former Marlins). He will also analyze the games with myself to bring new ideas to the GM core for line ideas, changes, and potential pickups. Even getting his friends from his life to join in on our community to expand the love of the league.

As a team of mostly waivers it was entirely possible for the team to slowly reduce itself to IA after IA. And perhaps this all is just the ramblings of an over impressed first season player. But I wanted to use this opportunity to not only earn some TPE, but also appreciate the Marlins organization as a whole. When questions are asked, they're answered. When people need help there's little delay. Players notice things about each others builds and compare notes. The Marlins dish out guides, spreadsheets, and forum pages on how to improve from other members of the community. They give each other kicks in the pants when they're being lazy about earning that week. 

Again, it may be just rambling or boasting to most of you, but this is what I firmly believe to be the secret to the success of the Marlins this year. From top to bottom everyone involved in the organization is excited and involved in the most important part (In my eyes) of the VHL, community.

605 words for week ending in 5/7/23

It's been an absolute pleasure having you on board, Fradin. Your game recaps are very popular and loved by the team, you are always bringing fire and positivity to the locker room. I expect big things from Fradin as he goes through his journey to the VHL!

I think one of the main reasons why we've only had 1 player go IA this season is our thriving discord community, which the IA in question never joined unfortunately. We have created an environment players want to be a part of leading to many great waiver picks ups throughout the season!

As a first Gen as well @Fradin99 I have been seriously impressed with your commitment to earning, the daily recaps are loved by everyone in the discord keeping everyone engaged and an active dialogue at all times in the discord. The VHL is lucky to have a player like you, and I'm sure you will continue to impress GMs as you progress through the leagues!

Article Review, I a a sucker for a positive article.  Reality is we tend to complain about the things we don't like, the things we wish were different or just things that we don't understand.  Taking the position of looking at the positive things that are going on, the great leadership of a team and how they are helping build this community is a great perspective.  Reality is it doesn't matter how I would evaluate this article, the reactions of those who are living the experience say everything that needs to be said.  Keep up the great work.