Season 88, Interview with Molly the Cat

JCarson

It is a rainy afternoon in London, the coronation of King Charles III now completed the city is now getting back to normal. I am sitting with VHL star, Molly the Cat to discuss the goings on around London. 

Molly the Cat, did you watch the recent coronation of King Charles III? What were your thoughts? 

Thanks for having me on your show this week, I am not sure that there was an individual in London that missed the coronation. The royal family is an important thing in these parts, probably the only thing that is bigger than London United. All kidding aside, the royal family is a symbol of the United Kingdom and everything good that it stands for. For many, it will be a historical moment when they remember where they were and who they were with. 

Molly the Cat, London United has had an up and down season this year but somehow finds themselves in 3rd in the tough European conference, can you tell us about some of the things that are going right for you? 

We have had many important things happen this year, but the most impactful has been our focus on the defensive side of the game. As a team, from the GM to the coach, right down to the players, we have committed to playing a defensive style. Many teams focus on being an offensive powerhouse, following the philosophy of outscore to win. The problem with that is only 1 to 2 teams each year have the talent to pull that off, that leaves most other teams being uncompetitive. By flipping the script, we have been able to manage games and take some key wins against some of these powerful scoring teams. 

Molly the Cat, you are having one of your lowest production years since you entered the VHL, are you happy with your play? 

That is a very vague question. I have had an extraordinarily strong season within our current defensive system. But if you are talking pure production, then no it has been a slightly less than stellar year. I would love to see more puck going into the net, supporting my teammates on their goals, sure that would be fantastic. You could ask that question of the top producer in the league, and they would say the same thing, there is not a player who would not like to be more productive.

Fair enough answer. Let me get a bit more specific. I know that at one point you discussed wanting to hit 100 points in a season and putting in a push to reach the Hall of Fame. Do you expect that to happen if you keep up producing at your current pace? 

Reaching the Hall of Fame is still a goal, one that I work towards every season. Yes, having a higher level of production would help with that but there are also other ways of making it. The first goal is the team award, these days it is exceedingly difficult to make the Hall of Fame without having a championship trophy. After that I can focus on the individual accolades that I will need to add onto the Rookie of the year honors I achieved. Rome was not built in a day, and a Hall of Fame career was not decided in one season