My VHFL team review

KRZY

Well the regular season is almost over and I thought this week would be a good time to review my VHFL team . The last couple of season I haven’t really done the greatest usually finishing 5th or 6th . This season I took a major step forward and even led my group for a couple of weeks , now as some of my players I picked fizzled out I dropped to 4th place but this is still easily my best year I’ve had in VHFL . Let’s take a quick look back at who I picked for my team .

Forwards

Vinny Detroit 

I think going into this season most people would have picked Vinny where I did . There’s no way we could’ve predicted his regression in what’s his final season of his career . Currently Vinny has 31 points in 67 games, a major step back from the 86 he had last season . Even with this set back Vinny is delivering in the hits department with 298 this season . Currently Vinny is good for 161.3 points in fantasy , a very solid pick given his set backs in his retirement season.

Vasile Lamb

Vasile was my next pick at forward and has given me the most fantasy points out of my forward’s with 221.9 . Vasile is producing at almost a point per game clip with 67 in 68 . And is also second in the VHL in the hits department . Lamb was a home run for where I selected him , he’s looking like he will be a solid pick next season as well. 

Todd Cooke 

I went with my gut and picked my own player with my last pick and he’s proved to be a solid pick . Currently he has 78 points in 68 games . While not the most physical player he has added value to my team as a forward. He’s been good for 162.6 fantasy points. Cooke was one of my better players earlier this season when he was in the top ten for goals and points , but as I noted earlier when I said certain players fizzled out Cooke was one of those players , in the last 15 to 20 games Cooke’s production has dropped immensely. All in all he was a solid last pick and could look to be a player selected by more teams next season.

Defencemen

Brian Payne

Payne was my first pick and has carried my team all season . Payne is third in defenceman scoring this season with 81 points , And I believe he’s the highest scoring player in the league in terms of fantasy points with 270.6 points . Payne looks like he will continue to be a very very Productive in the VHL and also fantasy . Payne was a fantastic pick and I don’t think I would’ve selected anyone other then him as my first pick .

Callum Murray

Murray has been a solid defender all season and is my second highest scorer in terms of fantasy points with 230 points. Murray is producing at almost a point per game with 64 points in 68 games for LA , Murray has 172 hits to go along with his 189 blocked shots aswell which happens to be good for third in the league. Murray is a top fantasy defenceman and again a pick that I wouldn’t change .

Art Vandelay 

Art currently has 182.5 fantasy points , and is tied for 5th in the league with 32 wins , Vandelay has been a very solid goalie in the VHL for a few seasons now . Vandelay always gives his team a chance to win and is a very safe pick going forward in the next few seasons to come !

In closing while there are a few things I may have done differently while drafting my team im very satisfied with how they’ve performed with every player delivering one way or another . And I look forward to picking an even better team next season.