Jax Finishes Strong

ke1vi

It was a growing pains season for the Toronto Legion. A 72-game schedule that consisted of losses, but also hope for the future. Jimi Jax is amongst the young core, one of two rookies on the bluebirds and a potential finalist for rookie of the year after a significantly strong second half to his season.

“The wins didn’t come as much as we wanted, but we all know where we are as a young team. It’s a bit stressful early on – but we were told to just keep focusing on our game and that’s what (we) did”

Jax finished second in rookie scoring with 43 points, good for a 0.59 PPG pace. This is also thanks to a strong second half that had his PPG rate at 0.74. Like the past 3 offseasons, Jax intends to keep focusing on his skating.

“I still need to be better defensively, and the best way to do this is to be quicker around the ice. I’m still not where I want to be in terms of skating and footwork – I need to be better”.

After losing in the VHLE finals last season – Jax forfeited any offseason plans for a vacation due to the upset. This year it’s a bit different, and Jax will be taking a quick break before getting back into the offseason workouts.