Summers' Regular Season Recap

kirbithan

What a rookie campaign for everyone’s favorite Aussie netminder Lachlan Summers! As most of you may know, S88 was his first season as the starter of Davos, and although some may have doubted trading Booberry in the preseason, Lachlan has proved himself to be capable of holding his own in net as a full-time starter in the VHL.

Lachlan finished the season with a 39-18-7 record, a 0.932SV%, 2.3 GAA, along with 4 shutouts. I am more than happy with these numbers, considering the expectations that Lachlan has to live up to with filling Booberry’s shoes, and his campaign this season has met my expectations and more. This puts him in the running for not only the Stolzschweiger Trophy (Rookie of the Year), but also the Shaw (Top Goaltender)! 

Ending the regular season: Lachlan was 3rd in wins, 1st in save percentage, 5th in GAA, and 6th in shutouts, so he has a solid chance at securing both of these awards, which I’m thrilled about. But in the end, my sights are set on the Continental Cup, since it’s been too long since the Cup has been brought back to the beautiful town of Davos. It's been an amazing season for the team overall and I'm grateful to contribute to Davos' success.

Let’s go DAVID!