Waiting for a Chance - Raimo Tuominen

TAMPERE - Raimo Tuominen was on the bench when he watched his fellow countrymen get eliminated by Canada in the IIHF World Hockey Championships. He had been scratched for the roster but it only determined him to push even harder for his chance. 

“It is a painful feeling, watching your country get eliminated and knowing you could help. I wish to be a part of this Finnish hockey surge. We have only gotten started.” The young winger mentioned in a podcast that he had been invited to.

A standout prospect hailing from Tampere, where the World Hockey Championships were held (alongside Riga), Raimo played in Liiga from the age of 16. A gifted young player, Raimo is sure to bring a scoring touch that any team would be glad to have. There are concerns about his physical play, however, Raimo is confident that he will get up to par.

“If I need to hit and play the body more, I will do just that. I will stop at nothing to make sure I can get better.”

He has been awaiting a call from a VHLM general manager in hopes that he can join one of their rosters.

Raimo has already made his move. Now it’s in the court of the VHLM GMs.

“I’ll make the most of my chance when I get it.”