After Reid Johnson Retirement, Jeid Rohnson Returns to Hockey

TopTiddee2

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.

After Reid Johnson's retirement from the VHL's Malmo Nighthawks, a new member has approached to begin his reign of terror on the forum.

C Jeid Rohnson, former Las Vegas Aces penalty box manager, is unretiring from hockey and lacing his skates for the upcoming VHLM season. He previously played for Compuware, a prestigious youth hockey organization in Michigan, scoring 140 points in the matter of 70 total games over 3 years. After garnering a lot of interest from top colleges in the country, he ended up settling at the University of Michigan with a major in Sports Management, looking to someday run a team of his own. He ended up with 203 points in 75 games, and was a Hobey Baker Finalist for top collegiate player in the country, mainly for his puck movement and offensive dominance against teams. He captained the Wolverines to 2 NCAA National Championships and was signed by the Philadelphia Flyers on a 3-year ELC. Injuries, however, limited his sky-high potential, which saw him play 20 NHL games, scoring 3 goals and adding 5 assists to his name. He was traded to the Detroit Red Wings in a blockbuster trade that saw Dylan Larkin and Moritz Seider go to Philly in exchange for several high potential prospects and multiple picks. Rohnson was sent down to the AHL and was listed on the roster for the Grand Rapids Griffins, but more injuries never saw him play a game for the team. This caused the Red Wings organization to release him, and led to his retirement from hockey all together.

Now that Rohnson is unretired, he is aiming to reclaim his former glory and crack his way back onto an NHL roster. 

With the VHLM Draft beginning soon, Rohnson is unable to participate, but can be signed by any team once the Draft is over. 

When asked on who he wants to play for, Rohnson made no hesitation.

"I want to win. I believe I have the skillset to lead teams to championships, whether that means we have to start at the bottom of the standings or if the team is already a cup contender, I want to win."

Rohnson has specifically been eyeing up the Las Vegas Aces, his former team when he was employed as a penalty box manager.

As the season quickly approaches, teams will begin chomping at the bits to get a taste of Rohnson's offensive ability. We'll see where he ends up as a result.

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.