Rohnson Prepares for the Daunting Task of Upcoming VHLM Season

TopTiddee2

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.

VHLM Prospect C Jeid Rohnson has been hard at work perfecting his craft and is gearing up to participate in the VHLM Prospect Combine. While not many people have seen Rohnson compete at the next level, Rohnson promises that he will show everyone why he should be a household name worldwide.

"I know that I have a lot on my shoulders, with my family name and my past NHL career," Johnson stated. "but I know that I must continuously put the work in on and off the ice if I want to reach my goals."

Several teams have had contact with Rohnson, but currently it is unsure if Rohnson will be able to stand out with all of the talent that is sitting in this draft. Projections have Jeid Rohnson sitting as a middle-round selection, but that could easily change if he shows up and performs well in front of the scouts. 

His long-lost brother, Reid Johnson, was selected 25th overall by the Las Vegas Aces. He went on to record 7 goals and 52 assists in 72 games played, and had a point-per-game performance in the S84 playoffs in a year that LVA won the Founder's Cup. Johnson also put up 21 points in 16 games for Team USA in the World Junior Hockey Championships.

Rohnson knows that he must try and either match or beat out his brother in order to catch the attention of those in the higher leagues.

For Fox 39 News, I'm Chris Rock.