Callahan Excited for Upcoming Draft

dstevensonjr

As the 88th season wound down, Harry Callahan found himself wondering whether he had done enough to warrant consideration for the upcoming VHL and VHLE drafts. We sat down with Callahan for a pre-draft interview to get his thoughts on his first season in the VHLM.

Interviewer: Now that your first season is done, how do you look back on your first year with the Lynx?

Callahan: It was amazing to get my first experience in the VHLM with Ottawa. I learned a lot about what it takes to help contribute to a team, and which areas to focus on developing to be a better player.

Inteviewer: Is there anything particular statistically that stood out to you this season?

Callahan: As a goal scorer primarily, it was a nice surprise to lead the team in goals this year with 34 in the 72 games. I was more disappointed to have a -28 in the plus/minus column, I definitely need to improve defensively moving forward to help stay on the right side of the +/- column. I'd also like to focus on cutting down penalty minutes next season.

Interviewer: How do you view your team's place in the standings this season?

Callahan: It was a tough season for us in the standings for sure. I was hoping that coming off Ottawa's successful season the year before would carry some momentum, but we definitely have some work to do next season.

Interviewer: Does that mean that you expect to be back in the VHLM next season?

Callahan: I'm not sure what next season holds yet, but if it's back in the VHLM next year, I hope it can be as a top player in the league to help win a championship.

Interviewer: Thank you for sitting down with us, and good luck in the draft!

Callahan: Thank you for having me!