The Beast is coming for me!

JCarson

I have been in several conversations recently about depreciation. I luckily haven’t had to worry about it, but it is creeping closer. I have one more year before it comes for me. The conversations have been with individuals who have as of this year had depreciation and they watched their stats fall. I have had conversations with individuals who are planning to try to ensure they can keep a consistent player build. I have also had conversations with individuals who are struggling to understand the player store options to fight depreciation, which to buy, timing of purchase, which ones are most important. Lastly, I have had conversations with individuals who are questioning the impact or even the necessity for depreciation in the hybrid statistics era. 

The way people speak of depreciation, it is some foul creature who lurks in the night, hiding under the bed waiting to feast on the body, mind, and soul of those who reach that critical time. It has the power to suck the very essence out of a player, leaving them a fragment of who they used to be. It is not a mathematical representation of aging; it is a living thing, and it must feed, and feed it does on the players of the VHL. 

I have tried to take everything in and devise a plan so that I can have a consistent build but only time will tell. For the last year I have been saving money and TPE so that I can address this looming creature, feed it what it needs to leave me alone. I just hope I have done enough and that I won’t be devoured like so many others.