Raimo, The Bull - Raimo Tuominen

HOUSTON - Sitting at home with his family, Raimo was waiting to hear his name in the VHLM Dispersal Draft in order to kick off his time in the VHL system. He got the call from the Houston Bulls shortly after it was announced that he was picked. Soon, Raimo will be taking a flight from his home in Tampere and getting settled in Houston. It will be the first time that Raimo plays for a team outside of Finland but he couldn’t be more excited.

“I am very happy to be a part of the Houston Bulls organization. The general manager and coaching staff seem to have a great vision for this season and I am looking forward to playing with my teammates in whatever role I may earn. I know that I am ready for the next step to professional hockey and I am confident that I can earn my keep in the VHLM.” Raimo said soon after being drafted.

Houston will have 5 people in the upcoming S90 draft class. These players include Raimo Tuominen, Martin Kemp, Yves Lafleur, Xiver Xilla, and Harjen Van Araken. These young players will all be looking to make a name for themselves.

“It’s good to see a mix of veterans and fellow rookies. We can bring energy and spunk to the ice while the veterans teach us the ropes and make sure we are playing responsible hockey. I am excited to see how things go. It doesn’t really need to be said but all of us in the locker room have our eyes on the championship. We want to win. We need to win."