Tuesday July 4 2023 Molly the Cat, Commissioner for a Day

JCarson

So, it is Theme week again and this time we get to determine what we would do if we were named Commissioner for the Day. Now to be honest I have no clue what the Commissioners do or are responsible for, however you want to put it. 

So, I figure I will account for the 24 hours I am commissioner assuming my day would be tomorrow, Tuesday July 4, 2023, the day Molly the Cat is Commissioner. 

As I am not a citizen of the US it is not Independence Day for me, it is a regular Tuesday so that will find me sleeping from Midnight until about 6am at which time my alarm clock will go off. I will begrudgingly get out of bed, use the toilet, shower, and shave. I will then go to the kitchen to make my wife and myself some coffee and sit for a few minutes enjoying some coffee. It is now about 7:30am and it is time to proceed to work. Now this Tuesday, I don’t have any appointments at the office so I will be able to work from home. For the next 10 minutes I will log in through multiple security systems that are meant to make my computer secure but only tend to piss me off.  

From 7:30am to 4pm minus a short break to eat lunch and potentially another brief stop to again use the bathroom, I will in detail pick my way through various individuals' personal financial information, ensuring that various strategies, tax implications and general financial assumptions are taken into consideration. As a Certified Financial Planner, I assist my clients through the process of building and maintaining strong financial futures. Many would suggest I help the rich stay rich. I would suggest I help people not make stupid decisions; it is surprising how many intelligent people make stupid financial decisions. 

So now it is 4pm, I will take about 10 minutes to catch up on the news from the day, and then start the process of making dinner, eating dinner, and cleaning the dishes afterwards. Surprisingly, we went from 4pm to 6pm in what felt like the blink of an eye. Just for anyone who was wondering the plan is that dinner will be BLT’s tomorrow, made with Canadian back bacon, crisp garden grown lettuce and mediocre store-bought tomatoes. 

As I said it is now 6pm and I might have a free moment to do something I enjoy, I expect by now I have received at least one DM from somebody in the league looking for the assistance of the Commissioner. After taking a deep breath I will perform my sworn duties. After reading a long-winded diatribe I realize it is another half thought out suggestion to dismantle the VHLE. Stopping so that I do not use unbecoming words that might get me banned from discord or forum (moron, waste of human skin, brainless oaf, okay deep breath, let it out in a safe place). I sent a response to the well-meaning member reminding them that banning the VHLE, even with all its’ flaws, would cause damaging repercussions throughout the other leagues and is not something that can be done in the blink of an eye. That is what the commissioner should do, but that is not what he will do. You see, by now it is almost 7pm, and I am only commissioner for a day, so all I need to do is get through the next 3 hours until I go to bed, claim my TPE for job pay, and I can effectively spend my 24 hours as commissioner doing nothing. I am going to ignore the ban the VHLE thread, let a bunch of haters pile on more conversations as to why the VHLE should be banned and then about 8:30 I am going to DM Beketov and Spartan and suggest that as more respected Commissioners that they should address this uprising. (Deferring to others is a fantastic way to avoid doing something you don’t want to do.) By now it is 9pm.  

This brings me to the point of the night that I sit back with a cold drink, a Crown Royal and Coke. I’ll watch a little TV (been watching Firefly) and I will let the last hour cruise by. At 10pm I start to get ready for bed, brush my teeth and read for a little (currently it has been the Wheel of Time series) and by 10:30-11pm I am drifting off to sleep. 6am the next morning will come fast enough, and I need my sleep, or I get grumpy, like eat a Snickers grumpy. 

So, as Commissioner, I collect my job pay and pat myself on the back for a job well done.