Being AGM on One Team and a Player on Another

Ozzy Batty

The league is a great place to become involved and engage in a variety of activities if you choose. There are so many things to do that sometimes it can be overwhelming to try to figure out where to start. But once you get started it is easy to feel overwhelmed. I mean, not only are there so many things to do....but so many Slack channels to be a part of! But that is a topic for another day...maybe next week...who knows, haha.

But I will admit, it is odd to be in the locker room in multiple teams, I mean, being on a VHLE team while being a part of the VHL team can be overwhelming in its own right, but then throw in being an Assistant General Manager for a completely different team....now, throw in ANOTHER locker room and include the front office channels. Yea, there is alot to be a part of there. So now I start to see conversations about team makeup on different teams, some in different leagues but some are in the same leagues. It can get confusing for sure!

So who do I share what? I see this team is talking about these possible roster moves while the other team is discussing their plans as well? Who can I tell what to? At what point does it cross some hidden line about collusion? Is there even a line that should not be crossed? There are some things that I still am not quite sure about.

I have learned quite alot, I know I have so much more to learn. Luckily I have a patient General Manager I am working with who has allowed me to learn at my own pace, ask the questions I have and know that my end goal is to be the best Assistant General Manager I can be....and be a benefit to the league...and who knows what comes next? But it is going to be cool to find out!

Word Count: 330

Week Claimed: 9 Jul 2023