S89 Miami Marauders Awards

Tetricide

What's up, everyone! Season 89 is in the books and the off-season has pretty much just begun. Despite everything that happened this season, I'd consider it a pretty successful one as my first as a GM. We had a boatload of waiver players to help support those I drafted (and in some cases they replaced those who went IA) and we definitely couldn't have gone to playoffs without them. Let's get on with the announcement of our team awards for this season!

Yun Chiang Award (Most Goals)

[C] Oden Bell @WhiskyJack

Oden Bell was among the first waivers we picked up, and as a centerman he was an integral part of our first line picking up 29 goals in 56 games played. Bell was also named Captain of the team!

Igor Molotov Award (Most Assists)

Liam Oinas @ojje

Liam Oinas was signed on as a waiver later down the road than Bell, but proved to be one heck of a playmaker with 37 assists in 45 games played.

Matty Fire Award (Best Two-Way Forward)

Donny Dickems @Bakerk19

Donny Dickems was picked up early on in the season as a waiver. In his 63 games played he was able to pick up 33 points, deliver 101 hits, block 45 shots, and shoot 185 pucks at the goalie.

Omi Aberg Award (Best Mid-Season Signing)

Red Panda @Lemorse7

Well, we didn't have a lot of mid-season signings! However, most certainly one of the best signings period we did was at that point with goalie Red Panda. He helped us out in having 2 goalies running in tandem in the last half of the season and despite his 3-6-3 starting record, his 0.912 save percentage barely scratches the surface of how incredible he was in the regular season.

Chicken Wing Award (Best Defenseman)

Joe Blow @ES29

Joe Blow had an incredible season as a defenseman. 9 goals and 34 assists for a total of 43 points, 171 hits, 149 shots blocked. Just an absolute unit on the ice.

Most Valuable Pirate (MVP)

Oden Bell

Look, I know some of you were probably rooting for the IA goalie Gage Barclay and, honestly, I don't blame you. I'm actually a little upset because his season stats don't even show up on his page! Anyway, this isn't about Barclay, this is about the M V P Oden Bell. The stats tell it all. Absolutely the best player on the team that stuck with us til the very end and I can't wait to see what he does next season!

image.thumb.png.513bd99a45bf59eb014131e6b197b9ca.png

That concludes the S89 Miami Marauders awards! Congratulations to those who were mentioned. Thanks to everyone who were lucky enough to be on my first team as an official GM, and to those who helped me along the way. Y'all watch out because we're coming for that Founder's Cup next season. 😎