Kickstarting the Season - Raimo Tuominen

SlapshotWrangler

OSLO - The Victory Hockey League Europe season is currently underway and Raimo Tuominen is taking it in. Taking the next step in his VHL journey, Raimo has joined the Oslo Storm and is competing against fellow prospects and veterans alike. He is also competing with some familiar faces, like Kyle Toms who had been on the S89 Houston Bulls team with the young Finn. He has also been playing alongside fellow S90 draftees Catia Goncalves and Aurora Skylight. 

“I’m definitely motivated to play hard this season. I have goals that I want to achieve and want to be more consistent than I have been in the past. This season, I want to help Oslo succeed in whatever way I can, as well as make myself a more complete player. That second part is even more important when you can consider that I am transitioning to a center now. I want to make the transition as efficiently as possible so that I can help the Oslo Storm as a center. I also want to make sure I am ready as a center when I am in the VHL”

So far, Raimo has had a solid showing in the first few games. He has been slotted between the aforementioned Catia Goncalves and Kyle Toms. The three have been great and Raimo has thoroughly enjoyed playing beside them.

“I mean, I already had a chance to play alongside Kyle and he is just such a good player. He has always been a really good player to play beside both in Houston and here in Oslo. As a winger, I looked up to Kyle because he did everything right. Now that I’m centering a line he’s on, I appreciate his play so much more. I’m also really excited to see Catia. I got a chance to play with her in both the World Juniors and the Junior Showcase Tournament. She can score goals and her playmaking ability is also great. Really excited for the rest of the season. We’ve got a lot of games left.”