Hampton's Radio Clip

TownBizness

ESPN Radio San Francisco recently caught up with Prague's forward Fred Hampton to get some commentary and thoughts from in on the team's current season.  Here's what he had to say about his start and the future:

"It's been good so far!  I really can't complain.  I'm on pace to set career highs in a lot of areas so that's a credit to the team and the coaches in terms of putting me in position to do those positive things.  Currently I have 14 goals, 15 assists for a total of 29 points.  This is only through 22 games mind you.  I'm only 12 goals off and 10 assists off from making new career highs.  I also have a positive plus-minus -- which is fine, but I'd love that to be a little higher.  Personal stats are great and all, and it's part of the game but it's not the main reason I play.  I want to continue to make sure that the team is playing winning hockey and that's a team effort.  If I need to score -- cool, then I will.  If I need to be a player maker -- that's fine too.  And hell, if I'm stinking up the joint and need to sit by the coach for a moment I can do that as well.  I just want to win."