A Quick Update - Raimo Tuominen

SlapshotWrangler

DISCLAIMER: Most numbers and stats in the article have changed as of posting this.

OSLO - One of Raimo’s goals this season was making sure he could put the puck in the net. Having 12 goals on the season (as of writing this article) in the first 22 games of the campaign, Raimo is definitely glad that he got off to a good start. This is an excellent way to kickstart the season, especially compared to his first few games in the VHLM in which he had dry spells. Obviously, some changes were made to his game in between seasons as Raimo tried to improve his goal scoring.

“I mean, I think I’ve definitely strengthened my wrists and grown more selective with my shots. Instead of ripping tons of shots and hoping one happens to slide in, I am learning how to employ deception as well as learning when to wait and be patient before shooting. It’s been a great adjustment for the beginning of the season and I hope it works well,” the young winger said when interviewed after a practice.

Unfortunately for Raimo and the rest of his teammates, the Oslo Storm are last place in the standings with only 4 wins. Coming off one of those wins (as of writing this), they are looking to turn it around in the next two-thirds of the season and realize that bigger adjustments need to be made.

“I mean, you look at our stats and realize that something needs to change. Our goal differential is -23, we’re 16 points back of the next team, and we only have 4 wins. I may be getting goals but I feel like my defense could definitely be more solid. There are games where I have multiple points but I’m on the ice for more goals against. I know plus/minus isn’t exactly a beloved stat to many but it definitely helps illustrate that I need to work on my two-way game.”

We’ll see how the rest of the season goes.