Jersey Thoughts

Rin

Earlier this week, this post went up asking for robux donation to go towards making a line of VHL-themed ROBLOX clothing, and it definitely got the mind spinning for more reasons than one. I used to be pretty big on ROBLOX back when I was in middle school, though it was a WILDLY different landscape than it is today. If I'm being honest, it's absolutely changed for the worse-- but that's a discussion for another time. When I was big on the game, it served as an outlet to not only play some kind of multiplayer hockey on a regular basis, it was a HUGE creative outlet in terms of team branding and uniform design.

I'm a huge nut for team aesthetics, from logos to jerseys and especially down to little details like goalie pads. My huge "claim to fame" (if you could call it that) during my ROBLOX years was definitely a little "company" I ran with some friends in which we created custom goalie pads to be used in any of the numerous hockey leagues littering the site. I used to mimic ads or posts from actual leading goalie pad brands at the time, like Bauer and especially Reebok, while coming up with my own unique patterns to apply to all kinds of uniforms. Of course, we would make jerseys and other standard clothing as well, but the goalie pads were definitely our biggest focus. Hopefully the proposed clothing project goes well, expanding the league's creative outlets is always a great idea.

If they were still around, I'd link my old "jersey initiative" posts somewhere here to show what that old love turned into- it legitimately pains me to see that all we have in terms of team branding are logos for our franchises. I definitely still have all of the old images for those posts, though, so maybe I'll compile them into some megathread for my old jersey/jersey swap ideas.

And though they aren't VHL franchises, maybe I'll go through some of the side branding projects I've been doing for other hobbies. The QCHL is something I've talked about recently, and with that game having an easy way to mod/swap textures, I've been going through a great phase of relocating and rebranding our old teams into something a little more personal or thought out. So far they've been kept to a small group of people, but I'd really love to share some of the ideas and stories that have gone into the teams I've put together.

I really need to keep a running list of which Rin songs I've used in the past, because I'm not sure if I've shared this one yet. One of my favorites, from a band that literally just did this song and then disbanded. What could've been...

This is "The Things in the Night" by bookstores, an incredibly pleasant listen with a really catchy hook.