Anticipation - Raimo Tuominen

SlapshotWrangler

ROME - After an early morning practice and an encouraging game one win, Raimo was interviewed by some local media. The young center was asked about how he felt playing in the VHLE playoffs. It wasn’t like Raimo hadn’t experienced this kind of pressure before, however, playing in the VHLE playoffs can be quite a jump from the VHLM playoffs. Especially in terms of pure physicality, speed, and overall team systems.

“It’s a jump but one that I can make. This team is filled with excellent top talent and rising stars and also has some very experienced veterans. I just have to play my part and make sure I stay solid. Solid and consistent gameplay in my zone has proven to work, now I just need to make sure I can maintain that while doing my best offensively.” Raimo replied when asked about the aforementioned jump.

Nervousness was also a concern of the media; Raimo quickly dismissed any rumours of nerves however.

“Calling it nerves makes it seem like we’re cowering in our skates or like terrified. It’s more of a feeling of anticipation. We’re all jittery and itching to get out there so that we can fight for a win. We know we have the fight in us and we all feel energized; we’re just waiting for the moment we step on the ice so we can let it out. That’s not nervousness. That’s anticipation, waiting, and being ready. As some random dude in a De La Salle High School football game interview said, ‘if you’re not nervous, you’re not ready’! Just replace the word nervous with eager.”