London's Whimpering End

Aimee

The S90 playoffs have officially ended for Jesse Teno. After a successful 3-2 run through the wildcard round against Helsinki, London fell to defending champions Davos and Lachlan Summers 2-4. After failing to make the playoffs last season, it was good to see the United back and fighting like they had in their championship run back in S88, only 2 seasons ago. Though this time was nowhere near as successful. While Teno had some good games, their overall this season in the playoffs was weak. With a 5-6-0 record, 0.900 saver percentage, 3.63 goals against average and no shutouts, Teno had their weakest performance yet. Not only was this well below their last playoff appearance but was also way under their regular season stats. 

With London losing Molotov and Board Game Clue on Skates to retirement, and 6 others to free agency, it’s possible that this could have been London’s final chance at the playoffs for quite some time. The only members of the current team that are guaranteed to be back next season are Leonard Triller, Molly the Cat, and Jesse Teno. 

“It’s not how I wanted us to go out as a team, but I know we all gave it our best. I hope the fans can forgive us for letting them down.”

215 words for week ending 10/8/2023