Kirby Rambles: Been Busy!

kirbithan

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, I have fallen victim to some brutal classes this semester, so I haven’t been able to be as active as I would like on the VHL— forum and Discord both— so please excuse my inactivity. But hey, that won’t stop me from max earning every week. I actually only ever claimed welfare once, and that was my first week in the league, which is insane to think about considering that was more than a year ago! Time flies.

I do hope to get back into the swing of things, though. It’s not that I’m getting burnt out, but simply because I’ve had little to no time on my hands. I have some graphics to make and I’ve been working on them sparsely, and need to remember all my little design tricks and shortcuts. I may be only one of two users on the forum who’s ever used Procreate for GFX, but please correct me if I’m wrong. It’s just the software that I’m most comfortable with and even if the app wasn’t made with graphic design in mind, I work with what I’m familiar with and the results are a hundred times better than if you handed me Photoshop and told me to do something with it. 

I’ve rambled about this already in another media spot, but holy hell, did Lachlan have an amazing season! Leading all major goaltending stats this season and being the first to do so since S74 is no small feat, and I’m not sure if it was my build, Simon luck, or a bit of both but Lachlan has been on fire and as of now, is preparing to face Prague (AKA Fake Purple) in the next round of the playoffs. If we can repeat this season, that would be both insane and legendary. Lachlan’s also going to be in serious contention for quite a few individual awards, so I’m looking forward to that, as well. It’s hard to believe he’s already halfway through his VHL career! I’ve been banking for depreciation and have over 100 TPE at the ready so hopefully it’ll be enough to soften the blow, at least a little bit. It’ll be heartbreaking to see all my hard work be taken away by the horror that is depreciation in this league. I wish it was less harsh, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I suppose. 

Oh! And how could I forget? This is super old news at this point, but when it was announced that the VHLE was going to be contracted down to six teams before the start of this season, I couldn’t help but wonder why that sounded familiar: it was because it was one of the things I suggested in my theme week for last season of being commish for a day! I don’t know if any blues actually saw that post of mine, but I did suggest contracting the E by two teams in that media spot and never remembered to bring it up until now. It was a funny coincidence that it actually ended up happening, but it was nice to figure out that was actually a viable option to fix the issue within the E that a lot of users had brought up. I’m still waiting for those portal player photos, though. 

I suppose that’s all for this edition of Kirby Rambles! If you somehow read the whole thing up to this point, thank you for your time. That’ll be all from me on this fine Saturday evening!

Spoiler

Word count: 586